Sonntag, 25. Mai 2008

oh look...

it's uhm... me?! I meant to post for ages but first couldn't log in and then... no pictures. I hate to post without pictures but oh well... I thought I'd just post a small message of what I was doing for the last weeks :-)

Since Valentines Day I:

- finished my Mr. Greenjeans (ravelry link) (love it but changed the button placement. The cardigan now closes right at my bustline and it looks really neat that way :-))
- did knit 2 pairs of stockinette stitch socks
- finished my Secret of the Stole 2 aka Savannah (ravelry link)
- started on the "Dem Fischer sin Fru"-faeroese shawl. (ravelry link) I love it so far but it is extremely time consuming. Those rows are extremely long and I just finished clue 2. Seems it will be an ongoing project for quite a while
- started another pair of plain stockinette socks in an awesome semi solid (I just turned the heel on the second sock :-))
- started a pair of Hannover-Socken (ravelry link) I finished No.1 and love the pattern. It is clearly written (will be available in english soon) and pretty easy to memorize. The overall effect is awesome. (So, I'm not afraid of twisted sticthes any more ;-))
- signed up at the Domestic Bettys KAL (ravelry link) (we are knitting 13 pairs of socks over the year <3)
- frogged my Hedera Socks (ravelry link) since I didn't like how they looked in this particular yarn
- dipped my toe into the theory of canning food and plan to try out some basic strawberry jam as soon as local strawberries are available (which also means, I try to go more green by chosing local and seasonal foods)
- quit on sodas (and by that found out that I'm allergic to aspartame. I feel so much better now, no fainting - don't laugh! - and upset stomach, yes I'm sometimes a slow learner ;-))
- took up gardening and forced hubby to help me with the heavier stuff
- chose to take fewer university classes and for the first time I feel as if I'm able to work on my tasks and finish my homework in a timely manner
- had my hair cut and dyed (love! it!)
- tried out patchwork and loved it but noted that it will take up a lot of my time since I try to sew per hand
- spoiled hubby and cats
- annoyed our neighbours by laughing to loud (hey, what can I say, I'm a happy person most of the time ;-))
-....

uh, I guess, that's it for now. I'll try to take pictures and post them soon (meaning somewhere around wednesday most likely if I don't find the time today)

until then: smile and be happy because whatever happens, it's not as bad as it could be :D

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.