Freitag, 18. Januar 2008

time flies...

Time flies indeed. I haven't posted for a whole two weeks although I promised too. I can't believe it's the 18th of January already. Where did the days go? Heck, where did I go?!
I've been knitting on and off on my Mr. Greenjeans but since the weather is so dark and rainy outside I never came around taking a progress picture. It's almost finished (just half a sleeve and the button band is missing) and after my first try-on hubby decided it looks good. Which he usually never says about my handknits. This means: Mr. Greenjeans is a winner ;-)
My Spring Shawl Surprise grows sloooowly... I am a fairly new lace knitter and oh boy, Lul didn't lie when she said that this stole is challenging. I'm still stuck on clue 1 (row 30), ripped it back twice already and noticed that I have 3 stitches more than I should have. Maybe I could offer them to those who are missing a few? ;-) I think I'll try to cheat and hide those stitches somewhere because the yarn, as beautiful as it is, is a mess to frog. It tangles, breaks and is extremely thin (again: what was I thinking?) so I guess my stole will have a lot of "personal flair" to it *cough**cough*
As it seems I cannot resist any lace currently so I signed up for the MysticalLightKAL, a lace shawl knitted with heavier yarn (yay!!!) I've seen the MysticalWaters-shawl in some blogs and love it. Maybe I should work out how to operate paypal ;-) and order the pattern :-)
In other news: I'll have to undergo a small dental surgery again on Jan.30. I visited my dentist two days ago to get my new crowns and the anesthesia didn't work. At all. It hurt awefully and the thought of going through this again in a few days almost made me faint. Luckily my dentist offers narcosis, so I'll sleep and he can finish his work without being scared that I scream all his other patients away ;-) Phew....
I have to work even harder now for university, the tests I have to take are harder than I thought. Amazon has to jump up and down because I ordered a couple of workbooks and primers so I'll be able to figure out if my calculations are ok.
Oh, and I just saw that the MIT offers older classes online. Perfect because I'm so dissatisfied with my university. Noone is interested in challenging us, especially in my main subject. Sometimes I feel as if I know less than someone who is just interested in this subject without studying it. That means, I'll need to study a lot more on my own. I just need to keep iz up, knitting and household eat up so much time (and both is easier accessible than the library, more than one hour away).
Ah, see, I didn't mean to blabber for so long. See you soon :-)

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.