Montag, 26. November 2007

We have finished mittens :)

Yes, we do :) I finished my Petras Stulpen on friday evening while watching hubby playing with the fireplace in our little temporary home. We are back already (he had to get back to work) but even though we only had three days of vacation we enjoyed every second of it :)

We spent our time here which gave us not only a lot of contact (some people thought it was a part of the garden and they could walk inside: reminder for myself: shut the doors and turn the key around!) but also a fantastic workout. The bedroom is on the third level of this building. But honestly it was so much better than it sounds. We had an awesome view across the trees over the river Elbe and the marina, took long walks in the park, visited the local art museum nearby, visited our beloved Woerlitz and had a lot of conversations. It is really surprising how much you really talk when there is no radio, TV or internet ;) (and that has to say something, hubby and I talk a lot anyway, he even calls from work for a small chat every now and then).
I didn't knit a lot though because we were busy relaxing :-) but I managed to finish my Stulpen:

Hopefully hubby will take a better picture when he's home again on friday. It's simply impossible to take a picture while at the same time modelling them ;) I am satisfied with those fingerless mittens but I wish I used a different yarn since this one itches a bit. I hope it goes away when I wash them... otherwise I'll have to give them away (same happened to a Kiri-stole I once knit. Kauni looks fantastic but I couldn't stand it even somewhere near my neck even after washing, soaking and trying everything I could think of, even dipping it in hair conditioner :-/ )

I started my Dads christmas socks but they are a) still in the car and b) I managed only a cuff until now, so no pictures so far.

I am still waiting for my dishcloth yarn but it seems as if the package got lost (all of their packages, which is to bad since they seem to have a lot of orders piled up after their short trip to the US). I really hope Hermes (the shipping company( will find them soon, I really need to get started on those dishcloths for christmas...

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.