Samstag, 27. Oktober 2007

I've got balls...



no, really ;) I did order some handpainted yarn from Drachenwolle since I wanted to reward myself a bit for all the learning I had to do :) Aren't those skeins pretty?





The left ones are made of 80% wool and 20% linen, the right one is "normal" sock yarn. All three of them are handpainted and the colours are so vibrant I hardly can wait to start knitting :) But first.... first I need to finish the brownish socks. I really ought to.


While being mad at some idiot who thought it'd be funny to try and steal our Mercedes star (I'm not even talking about the 2000 Euro damage that we'll have to pay for) I couldn't concentrate on work, so I wound those pretty skeins into balls:


I know the picture is pretty bad but I guess you can see that I had to wind them manually (I don't own a ball winder or swift). They were a dream to wind, the strands were untangled and the material felt great. I guess those won't be the last ones I ordered for Drachenwolle :)

In other news: there are about 8200 people in front of me which is great. I hope I'll be able to log in after my dental surgery next friday. It'll help to forget the pain ;)

For now that's all, I really need to finish some reading (see the big book behind the yarn? Yes? Tons of pages of grammar for a long lost language... *sigh* ) and go to bed, it's already past 11 p.m. here. So good night :)


0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.