Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008

Decisions and confessions

I am on my way to be a true yarn-a-holic. I have to confess. Ever since I started signing up for all those mystery KALs I ordered yarn. You know, the only thing I didn't have in my stash is laceweight yarn. Sockyarn I have, sweater yarn too, but no laceweight. So I was happy to see that Moni (who hosts the "Dem Fischer sin Fru" and the "Secret of Bad Nauheim" KALs) offered laceweight yarn on preorder from her shop. I went through and through the options and decided on three skeins of (most likely oceanos or mare profundos from handpaintedyarn.com) blue handdyed merino lace and four skeins of peridoto (or as hubby says "wilted lettuce"... and to be honest, that's exactly the colour ;-)) But then: I signed up for the SpringShawlSurprise. I needed 1600m of laceweight yarn. Now! I ordered the two skeins of Jojoland Harmony that I already told you about. That sounds like a lot of laceweight already, doesn't it? But behold, there was another KAL to sign up to: the Secret of the Stole2. I needed yarn. When does it start? Today (it was friday)?! Oh woe... I cannot decide. So I went through the pages of beautiful malabrigo colours and finally placed an order. Emerald looks nice and feeds my need for colour in this grey time perfectly.
Meanwhile... the SSS went wrong. Very wrong. I love the colours of the jojoland harmony but the yarn itself is to thin, way out of my comfort zone. I kept knitting because I love the design but the yarn ruined it for me. It was so thin that it kept hooking up on my fingernails which are now as short as I haven't seen them for a long time because I kept cutting them. The needles were to fine, I made tons of mistakes and now I've had enough. I'll save this yarn for later when I am more experienced. Moni just sent an e-mail to tell us how much yarn we'll need for Bad Nauheim and I figured my Malabrigo will be enough. I took out some of the peridoto for the SotS2 and started knitting. It feels good! I am still a slow knitter but I'm already on row 27 without making a mistake. Hey, perfect :-) And I am going to use the additional skeins I have of that colour for the SSS. Or maybe the malabrigo lace in emerald (you know, there are a lot more colours that I'd love to have of that yarn... and Bad Nauheim will start in March, a lot of time to contemplate colour choices and options... sorry, I think I have to wipe away the drool ;-))
So, I wonder... am I the only one with a budding lace addiction or are there others around? What colours would you choose for all those KALs that are going on currently? I am still undecided when it comes to the SSS (peridoto? emerald?) and Bad Nauheim.
I'm off to put my nose back into my books. The earlier I start the earlier I can knit tonight ;-)

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.