Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008

Happy Halloween :-)

Yes, this tradition is getting more and more popular here in germany too. I wonder why ;-) (ok, we all know that children love to dress up and also love getting candies, so no wonder that, when they see the commercials and all those american cartoon specials about Halloween they want to try that too). I just prepared our entrance (just a little, a china pumpkin filled with a candle, some scarecrow made out of seethrough orange fabric that, thanks to our door lamp starts to glow when someone comes to us) etc. Nothing special, but I like it when the kids smile after they leave us :-)
But do you know that October 31st isn't only Halloween? It is also "Reformation day" at least here in Germany. Most people don't know it but today Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the castlechurch of Wittenberg. This is the start of the Protestant Reformation.
Just a little interestning tidbit for you :-)

I have started knitting for christmas and I'm turning nuts already. I don't even have so much to do but the first scarf I am making takes ages :-/ I use the upstairs pattern (ravelry link, german pattern on Wollke 7) but only work 5 repeats of the pattern section until my yarn (150g of handpainted merino yarn from Handgefaerbt.com) runs out. Much to my surprise it goes slowly.. very slowly... I really should work more on it since I need at least 3 more scarfs until the end of December. Ack! Luckily my parents in law are going to spend the whole winter in Spain so I guess they do not need warm necks there. Books are great for them too ;-)
In other news, university has started and I'm already drowning in work so I guess taking pictures of my sewing and knitting is postponed until nice weather and me being at home collide ;-)
I'm off to do my homework now, just a few hours and the kids come trick and treating!

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.