Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008

Socks socks socks...

Before I start to study I'd love to show you my new finished socks (well, almost finished, since I still need to sew in the ends):





Those are my Hannover-Socken (.pdf)(ravelry link). I know the picture looks odd but I wanted to show off the beuatiful pattern and pulled them over my water bottles (some day I will buy a leg to show them off but until then... "socks on water" continues ;-))

The pattern itself is straight foreward and easy to memorize (push the rows to the left... push the rows to the right... lalala) and the result is really stunning. I used some Regia from my stash to make those :-)


And while commuting I finished those simple stockinette socks for me:

They are made from Drachenwolle-yarn :-) The color is a bit off, it should be more red-ish. The yarn itself is fantastic as usual.

As for the long promised shot of me in my Mr. Greenjeans, all I can say is: it's by far to warm to even think of wearing a long-sleeved garment made out of Cascade220. Phew!

We are still waiting for rain here while in other parts of Germany it literally not only rains but hails! I've seen small creeks turned into rapid rivers, people fight floodings while we are sitting here in the heat and hope for a few drops of water from above. Always keep in mind that I live in Germany so the distance between flood and drought isn't that far. The farmers here have been watering their crops since early May, our lawn looks like sometime in August, dry and yellow since I cannot bring myself to spend so much water on simple grass. All I do is watering the perennials twice a day to keep them alive and looking at our neighbors garden which looks green and lush (but hey, at least I don't have to pay as much for water).

OK, I babbled to much, I really need to go back to working :-) So, have fun today, I'll stay inside and enjoy the fact that I can work with books way older than me ;-))

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite

 
 
web and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.
This blog contains original graphics and artwork,
so get inspired but don't steal, karma is real.